What is Micro ATM?
Micro ATM is a mini version of an ATM. Micro ATMs are like modified point of sales terminals this terminal can connect to banking network via GPRS to perform banking transactions. This machine contains card swipe facility. This initiative aims to bridge the gap between the need and availability of cash requirement in the eco-system.
This initiative aims to bridge the gap between the need and availability of cash requirement in the eco-system.
How will this work?
The Micro ATM Machine is operated by an agent that will include a card reader for all cash withdrawal and balance enquiry transactions from all bank domestic debit cards.
What are the services / facilities available at Micro ATMs?
Currently, basic functionality will be provided to the customers is Cash withdrawal & Balance enquiry
What types of cards can be used at a Micro ATM?
All domestic ATM / ATM cum debit cards can be used for the transacting at Micro ATMs
What are the pre-requisites for transacting at a Micro ATM?
For transacting at a Micro ATM, the customer should traditionally have a valid card and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
What is Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
PIN is the numeric password which is separately mailed / handed over to the customer by the bank while issuing the card. Most banks require the customers to change the PIN after the first use. Customers should not disclose PIN to anybody, including to bank officials.
Customers should change the PIN at regular intervals.
Can cards issued by a bank in India be used at any Micro ATM in the country?
Yes, all domestic ATM / ATM cum debit cards issued by banks in India can be used for transacting at Micro ATMs
What is an On-Us and Off-Us transaction?
A transaction carried out at a Micro ATM of the card issuing bank is called an On-Us transaction. A transaction carried out at any other Micro ATM is called an Off-Us transaction. For instance, if a card issued by bank A is used at a Micro ATM of bank A then it is an On-Us transaction; or at an Micro ATM of any other bank, the transaction is Off-Us.
For instance, if a card issued by bank A is used at a Micro ATM of bank A then it is an On-Us transaction; and at a Micro ATM of any other bank, the transaction is Off-Us.
Can a bank offer more number of free transactions at Micro ATMs?
As per RBI, minimum 5 free transactions are allowed at Micro ATMs .
How should the customer keep his / her Micro ATM transaction secure?
Customers should observe the following Do’s and Don’ts to keep their transactions at Micro ATMs safe and secure:
- The card holder should not lend his / her card to anyone.
- The card holder should not write the PIN on the card.
- The card holder should not share the PIN with anyone.
- The card holder should not let anyone see the PIN while it is being entered at the Micro ATM.
- The card holder should never use a PIN that could be easily guessed.
- The card holder should never leave the card in the Micro ATM.
- The card holder should register his / her mobile number with the card issuing bank for getting alerts for transactions at Micro ATMs. Any unauthorized card transaction in the account, if observed, should be immediately reported to the card issuing bank.
- The card holder should keep an eye on suspicious movement/s of people around the Micro ATMs. He / She should be careful of strangers trying to engaging him / her in conversation or offering assistance / help in operating the Micro ATM.
- The card holder should remember that bank officials never ask for card details or PIN over telephone / email. So, he / she should not respond to any such communication from anyone indicating that they represent his / her bank.